Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A change has come!

Rob and I have been following the presidential election quite closely. OK, really Rob was starting to bug the crap out of me by being slightly obsessed. There is only so much CNN a girl can handle. (Well, unless Anderson Cooper is on, he is such a dreamboat.)
Last night, I was glued to CNN, I couldn't tear myself away. Watching the numbers roll in was such a high. When they called the election for Barack Obama, I could not have been happier. The nation that I am so proud to call home exudes hope. It was such a monumental moment in history. I am honored that I was a part of it, and proud to know that my daughters were alive to witness it. (OK, they were both in bed... but you get my drift.) Listening to the President Elect's speech last night was so moving. There were times when I had tears in my eyes and a huge smile on my face. For the first time in quite a few years, I have hope for the future.
Yes We Can, and YES WE DID!!

No comments: