Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bad, better, worse

Today started out terribly. Emma has been horrific lately. Her morning behavior is well... the worst I have seen in a long time. I have spent hours cleaning up her mess today and I am not even close to being done. As far as she knows, I am throwing away her play kitchen. (Really evil mommy me is putting it in the laundry room until a later date.) If anyone knows of a way to get strawberry syrup out of the carpet, please share. Yes, you read that correctly... strawberry syrup. 8am this morning was the wake up call for that hot mess. At least it is primarily sugar so the sheets, crib, walls and both girls came clean without much effort.

My state refund did hit my account today, so that was nice. Yay for the day getting better. Rob and I decided to run some errands. Shopping always make a girl feel better. Right? Too bad the purchases were basically toilet paper and toothbrushes. I was really hoping for something for me, but I will be satisfied with the Glade Plug In for the moment I guess. I happened to spy Guitar Hero III and BOOM! I realized I want Guitar Hero. I got Guitar Hero III and Aerosmith and a kick ass Les Paul guitar. So, I was pretty pumped about that.

Which brings me to the second part of better. My friend, Tamara, emails me and asks if I would be able to grab a drink with her. She had a rough day at work and I was having a rough day. We were going to hit a couple craft stores so I could get some yarn. Yes, yarn has the ability to make me happy at the moment. We set up for 6pm.

6:00 comes and goes and I hear nothing, I get no answer, I get nothing. Know what I got? Stood up. Awesome. Today this is not what I needed. Now, I am sitting here with a severely bruised ego and am pissy. I really needed out tonight. I needed the friend to hang out with and to pick out yarn. Yes, I am fully aware that I could have gone to the craft store myself. *whiney* I don't want to go the store myself. I wanted to hang out. *end whine* I need to get a sandwich and a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Maybe Karamel Sutra will make me feel better.

No comments: