Sunday, January 4, 2009

want to know when you are old?

I felt old today. Like a middle aged married couple. My whole day was looking forward to a trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond. Seriously. I was so excited about the prospect of new sheets that I was practically salivating. It took me almost 2 hours to convince Rob that he really did want to brave the mall on a Saturday afternoon. Might I add that he was firmly planted on the couch in his pajama pants and slippers. He kept making Old School references about how maybe we could hit Home Depot too. After I pried his dirty ass off the couch and made him shower, we hit BB&B. We managed to get a new set of sheets that quasi matches our current duvet. (Yet another reason why I know that I am old. I own a duvet. I even know what a duvet is.) The rest of the afternoon was spent playing with Arabel (Emma is at my mom's for the night) and watching Food Network.
Which HOLY BALLS did anyone see that crazy special on adult picky eaters? Holy effin' shit batman, I was floored. There are people that are sooo picky that they refuse to eat things due to color, or texture. (I get the texture thing... but this is seriously an extreme.) There was a chick on it that only ate peanut butter and bread products. Seriously. I have no idea what happened to those people to give them such food issues, but it is crazy extreme. I thought that I was nutty because I have issues is my food touch, but at least I eat vegetables for god's sake.
After, the crazy eater special, I watched this thing on deli's. Holy hell, it is a good thing that I didn't have access to a deli at the moment. If I did, I am pretty sure that I would be morbidly obese at this very second. Then, it was on to MSU basketball and then the MSU basketball special. It was a night of Spartan awesomeness.
Now, here we are watching movies. Nothing like being old. :)

No comments: