Friday, July 10, 2009

a tisket, a TASKet.

Rob so kindly volunteered me to do some work for his dad. Neat right? I thought so, until I realized that this TASK (see what I did there with the title... clever right? I thought so. HA!) blows donkey nuts to put it lightly. Rob thought that he was negotating a better price for this job. (Going from $20/hour to $1/minute of phone call.) Basically, my crap-tastic job is to transcribe all of these bajillion phones calls to an excel spread sheet so there is written record. Sounds super easy right? Yeh, well it isn't the brainiest (wow, I am pretty sure I just made up that word) thing that I have ever done... but it sucks. Sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks... really bad. Did I mention that it sucks? I started with a 24 minute phone call. 24 minutes=$24. Yeh, I have been doing it for like 3 hours. There are kids in sweat shops in China making more than I am. I already told Rob that he needs to re-negotiate my "contract". This dollar a minute thing is for the birds.

No comments: