Monday, November 14, 2011

30 days of thankful

I am sure we have all seen the November trend of posting something you are thankful for everyday. Well, I am going to go ahead and post them all right here. Some will be serious, some will be silly... they are all things worth being thankful for.

1. My parents. They always seem to take the girls when I need a break the most.
2. The internet. I am pretty sure I would go a little bit crazy without it.
3. My daughter's elementary school. I feel blessed every single day knowing what an amazing place that it is.
4. Benadryl. I don't think that I would be able to be out and about without it some days.
5. Coke (as in Coca-Cola Classic). It is my go to "drug" of choice. Nothing better than a fountain coke. :)
6. Emma. She truly is another version of me. We drive each other crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way. She makes me want to be better.
7. Arabel. She is one of the funniest children I have ever met, she never fails to make me laugh.
8. Friends. The new friends that I have made at school, and my old friends who have stood beside me for years and years. I would be a puddle of mess without you.
9. Rob. He works his butt off to support us. He supports anything that I want to do and doesn't complain too much when I make a terrible dinner or don't clean the house.
10. Vinegar. White vinegar has single handedly changed my cleaning ways. With all of my allergy issues, going chemical free was the way for us to be. It is cheap and works better than any cleaner I can buy.
11. Pinterest. Where else would I put all of the recipes, crafts, decoration ideas I find online??
12. American Eagle jeans. I was so excited to be back in a size 8 again, plus they look killer on my butt. :)
13. DVR. I get so annoyed when I watch live tv now. I am a spoiled little brat.
14. The lack of snow. Seriously, it is mid November and we don't have the dreaded white stuff on the ground. We have seen our first snow but it was gone as quick as it came.
15. GLEE. The amount of joy I get from that tv show is silly.
16. Julie Andrews. She makes the most amazing musicals that my kids love (me too!) and they aren't so annoying that I want to stab someone when I have to watch it for the 8 millionth time.
17. Sleep. I think my ideal vacation would involve a ton of sleeping. My bed is just so darn comfy!
18. Our home. We were able to find this place in record time when we needed a place. It has been perfect for us, and we couldn't be happier.
19. Food. Whether it be fresh mozzarella or a McMuffin, I am thankful that we have the nourishment that we require, and then some. Fresh baked cookies are a definite plus. :)
20. Our cats, Oscar and Zoe. They have been through the ringer over the past year and half, they are old and still kicking. Not to mention that the kids may terrorize them on occasion and they still love us.
21. The family. I covered my parents earlier, but the rest of the family deserves a shout out too. I happen to have pretty decent in laws. They dropped what they were doing to come here and be here for Emma's haircut.
22. Quitting smoking. I am thankful that I was able to quit my nasty habit and not look back. I am getting healthier by the day. :)
23. Pandora. Kidz Bop Pandora has become a staple in our house. We have nightly dance parties. It reminds me to turn off the tv and watch my kids be silly.
24. Kisses. Hugs and other forms of love that I receive from my kids all the time.
25. Norwex cloths. My mom and I stumbled upon these babies last week. They have done wonders for our terrible skin! No soap, these microfiber cloths are antibacterial and they exfoliate without being rough. Emma's poor skin is looking better than it has in awhile thanks to these.
26. Social networking sites. facebook, twitterpinterest, tumblr  I have an issue huh? They have allowed me to connect to a number of people that I don't know that I would have without it. Follow me, friend me... whatever. :)
27. TV. Phineas and Ferb is right up there. :)
28. The fact that I still got "it". I still get flirted with and whistled at. Hey, I am 30, I will take what I can get. :) Some of the guys are even pretty hot.
29. Our school parent association. I have been lucky enough to have the time and ability to be very involved this year. I am even more thankful that I have been asked to be next year's vice president, then the president the year after. I couldn't be happier to be a part of an organization that is so wonderful.
30. Victoria Secret underwear. I don't own many pairs, but holy cow... they are so comfy.

1 comment:

kristin said...

This is the best 30 Days of Thankful ever.