Tuesday, November 1, 2011

alive and kickin'

I am alive. Tired, exhausted, drained, beat, pooped... you get the idea. It has been one of those type of months.

I had an allergic reaction on my face. AGAIN. (This exact thing happened last year at the same time, only it was so bad I had to go to the ER.) I was all hopped up on benadryl and pepcid. I am still undecided if my Burt's Bees face wash had anything to do with it. *I don't think so, but I am afraid to get another reaction.

I decided to take on yet another thing and made the girls their halloween costumes. They were princessy pirates. Honestly, I thought they looked adorable, though I can be pretty biased. I freaking painted stripes on shirts because I couldn't find what I wanted.

Sickness has hit our house. Em was out of school twice last week, then of course, like clockwork Arabel gets it. Arabel had a nasty high fever for what seemed like forever. She didn't feel great so she only trick or treated to about 5 houses. I haven't slept for more than 2 hours at a time in a week.

I had to address death with Emma. A little girl at her school passed away from cancer a couple weeks ago. It is definitely a subject that I am glad I haven't had to address with her beforehand. It is not fun. E is sensitive, she was upset, I was upset, it just wasn't fun. AT. ALL.

E is cutting her hair. This is serious business... so serious that she is cutting off 11 inches (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and donating it to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths (think locks of love, but free) in honor of her schoolmate. Do I have the best daughter in the entire world or what?

No comments: