Friday, March 6, 2009

Burgers without incident

My friend Doug pulled up at my house around 4:30. I got the carseats in, loaded the kids and we were off. That is right, we took a road trip for burgers. As I mentioned in my last blog post, I was very nervous/anxious about the ordering process. We got there before the couple that we were meeting so Uncle Doug took Em up through the line to order her some food first. While they didn't send him to the end of the line... he did get a "that's not my area" comment a couple times. Emma comes back to the table with a grilled cheese and bag of chips. Hey, that is what she wanted for dinner. As soon as Em sits down with her food Arabel (aka Grabsy McGee) snatched up half of her sandwich and starts eating it. Good to know that she likes grilled cheese (and fried zuchinni and french fries) though. Time was up for me to hit up the line. It was truly nerve wracking. I am proud to report that I ordered correctly, and no anti-anxiety medications were needed. The food was good. It is not the type of place that we will take a 45 minute road trip to get (unlike Zingerman's Deli *drool*) but good none the less. Plus, it was on triple D and we all know how much I love the Food Network.

Other news:
While in the car on the way to Ann Arbor we were discussing the Lion King. Emma has watched the movie at least 4,000 times since Monday. No I am not exaggerating. I asked her "Emma, what is your favorite part of the Lion King?" Em's reply, "I love the part where the king is killed and then the little lion goes 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'" Yep, my kid's favorite part is when Mufasa is trampled to death. I couldn't make this up if I tried. I wonder if I should have her looked at... sadistic little kid.

Emma and I along with my mom are going to see Playhouse Disney Live tonight at Breslin. Em is pumped and to be honest, I kind of am too. I think that somedays I enjoy the Disney channel as much if not more than her.

No comments: