Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I survived 2011

I have pretty much sucked on keeping the blog updated lately. I am calling it my holiday hiatus. Well, hiatus is over and here I am.

2011 was a decent year. No major complaints. I have a home, a family that is healthy and we are pretty damn happy. I am hoping 2012 will be even better to us. :)

Christmas seemed like it snuck up on me and then came and went as quickly as possible. I feel like it has been a whirlwind 2 weeks of vacation. I could honestly use another few days before I have to get Em up and around in the morning.

We crammed 4 christmas celebrations in 3 days. It was a flurry of wrapping paper, bows, gifts, family, food, and drinks but I wouldn't ask for anything more. I know that everyone is just dying to know what we got...

Emma & Arabel:
bunk beds
room makeover
3D horse and unicorn that you color yourself
Easy bake Oven cookie and cakes kit
DQ blizzard maker

Emma:
iPod shuffle
LalaLoopsy doll (if you haven't seen these... get on it, they are freaking adorable!!)
VTech InnoTab
InnoTab games
clothes
iTunes gift card
Toys R Us gift card
coloring stuff galore- activity books, markers, crayons, paint
color your own messenger bag
friendship bracelet kit
make your own beaded necklace kit


Arabel:
Littlest Pet Shop treehouse
Littlest Pet Shop walkables
More littlest Pet Shop stuff (she is obsessed)
LalaLoopsy doll
clothes
VTech MobiGo
MobiGo games
Toys R Us gift card

Kimm & Rob:
framed picture of Rob and his brothers & sister
framed picture of the 2 of us
gift cards to Applebee's and BW3
Visa Gift cards

Rob:
Arcardia Brewing Co. variety pack
slippers
new pens
electric pencil sharpener

Kimm:
laundry baskets
KEURIG!!!!!
Keurig k-cups
Ugg type boots
coupon book (all sorts of awesome stuff in there for local businesses)
variety pack of beer
MSU pullover

*I am sure that I am forgetting a ton of stuff. I will be back to update and add more links. I am running on battery power and laying in my comfy bed now. I feel like I need some more motivation for that. HA!

Resolutions:

I don't know that I really love the idea of resolutions. Last year, I didn't have a set resolution but I knew that I wanted to be healthier. Well, I quit smoking in August so I feel like that was a huge step in the right direction. I don't drink as much as I did before (not that it was a ton to begin with) and in general I feel like I did alright at being healthier.
This year, I would love to save money and continue being healthier. Who knows, maybe I will even start running or something. (HA!!!! Who am I kidding... I HATE running.) I am ready to move to the next level in my relationship with Rob... seriously, 2012 HAS to be my year right?? I am ready to have another baby and be on our way to the next phase that awaits.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and I wish a prosperous new year to all.


No comments: