Friday, October 8, 2010

pardon me...

Pardon me for a second while I am an asshole.

I understand that we went through a really traumatic event. Maybe it hasn't even hit me fully. Yes, I cried. I was a basket case for 2 days. Then, I just stopped crying. I haven't cried once since about the whole thing. I snapped out of whatever it was and have been moving on. Yes, I have had anxiety issues, but I do the best I can and move on. With that said... dear boyfriend of mine, I am so tired of hearing about your lack of sense of smell/taste since the incident. I am not blowing it off, but if you refuse to do anything about it. I refuse to hear about it anymore. You had a panic attack when we were cleaning out the storage unit. You were in a closed up van and the smell got to you. I get it, I really do. Your body's way of coping is to shut down your sense of smell. I am not a doctor of any sort but it seems pretty damn logical to me. The options you have to fix it are going to involve medication and/or therapy of some sort. I am just losing my ability to be sympathetic to you if you won't do anything about it. There are only so many times I can listen to you talk about it before I lose it. The topic is wearing oh so thin with me right now.

3 comments:

kristin said...

Say it sister!! I cannot agree more! The way I feel about it, if you are complaining about a medical problem and you are refusing to go seek medical treatment from a medical professional then you lose the right to bitch about it. End of story. I agree wholeheartedly darling.

Kimm said...

Thanks Kristin. It is one of those things that I keep letting get to me just a little, but won't say anything out loud because it is insensitive. I am glad that I am not the only one.

kristin said...

I can totally understand your concern of being insensitive. I balance that line with my husband, and parents quite frequently regarding similar situations to the one you are in. It is insanely frustrating to have the ones you love in peril of some sort, not being able to fix it and them not making an effort to fix themselves. :(