Thursday, September 30, 2010

The details.

I was unhappy at my job. I was tired, really, really tired. So, I did something about it. I quit. I quit because I am ready to have a big kid job. I am ready to get up in the morning and be a contributing member of society. I am ready for a steady paycheck and benefits. I was tired of being treated like I didn't matter. As the fact that I have quit has sunk in, I am really, really happy with it. My decision was made purely for me. I finally stuck up for me. Granted it took me having a near breakdown in Walmart to realize it. It took a sick baby with a fever and a mishap at the pharmacy to realize how much I couldn't handle it anymore. It took screaming and crying to realize that my happiness is not worth a job. I shouldn't have to cry about my job. A shitty paying job at that. I haven't ever gotten a raise, in the almost 7 years that I have been there. I work terrible hours. I am over it and done. Oh and that shittiness that I was expecting because of it. Yeah, pretty sure that my last few weeks are going to be terrible. I am already dreading going in and dealing with it. I am better than it, so I will grit my teeth and bare it. At the end of the day, I still did it. :)

No comments: