Monday, September 5, 2011

random thoughts for the night

I wonder who is in Russia that reads my blog. I am not sure who you are Russian friend, but hello! (This is one of the reason that I like having the little tracker on my blog.----> over there... on the right. Too bad most of the visits are from me. Ha!)

E is about to start school again. I am really excited for her to go back. I can't keep that kid busy enough. I hope she gets back into the swing of things quickly.

I was looking at her first day of school picture from last year. She has changed!! My girl had lots of baby fat last year. She has slimmed down a ton!

I took a 5+ hour nap today thanks to benadryl. Stupid allergies have been terrible. My (self diagnosed) asthma has been acting up a ton. Last night I got a whooping 2 hours of sleep. This morning I felt like I was going to die. A nap made all the difference in the world.

I am so ready for my shows to come back on. The only downside of that is Big Brother will be over. I should totally try out for Big Brother.

The kidlets are gone again. They are with R's parents getting spoiled ROTTEN. To take advantage of our kid free night, we went over to a friend's house and played board games. Cranium is so fun!! We have had the game forever, but never played it... We never have at least 4 people around when we want to play. I think we may have to start having a game night with friends. We all had such a blast. Oh, and apparently, I am super good at drawing with my eyes closed. Who knew? Paige and I dominated the game and won. We are amazingly good at it.

I can't believe that I waited so long to start making my own laundry and dishwasher detergent. Seriously, I have ZERO clue why people still buy the commercial stuff. Do yourself a favor... STOP! Make your own, it take all of maybe 2 minutes and less than $10 to get all the stuff you need. Borax, washing soda (not baking soda), lemonade Kool-Aid packets and a bar of soap. (I used Ivory soap because we have super sensitive skin. Fels-Napa is what I would use otherwise.) I have been using my homemade stuff for awhile. It is CHEAP! (I still haven't run out of Borax or washing soda.) I also started soaking half of a hand towel in fabric softener and letting it dry. I throw it in the dryer instead of dryer sheets... oh and it lasts for 40 loads. I am totally kicking ass in this whole deal. If you have questions about it.... let me know. :) We don't buy basically any cleaning products at all anymore. I have to pick up some ammonia and I can make my own windex.

No comments: