Wednesday, August 24, 2011

So here is what is going on with me

As promised... I said that I had a huge blog post to write up. Here is me attempting to write it.

Check out the latest blog post over that the Waldo-Horvath girls about our recent trip. As we were on out way home Rob brought up the idea of possibly looking into jobs there. He was testing the water because he knows that I kind of lose my shit at the idea of leaving my happy little bubble here at home. I don't have an automatic knee jerk reaction to the idea, so that is a major plus. We are talking about Chicago here, still the midwest, still within 4 hours of home and totally do-able. Little did I understand that since we had a pretty productive talk about the possibility that Rob was planning to put a plan in action. The next day he revamped his resume and sent it to a huge recruiter in the Chicago area. By Tuesday, he had received 7 phone calls about jobs. He had an interview with the recruiter in our area, but is primarily working with the office in the city.

Here is what we are likely looking at:
Rob will most likely be offered a contract position for a short(ish) amount of time. His longest time he is willing to go for is 3 months. He will end up staying in the city Monday thru Friday and take the train home to spend time with us on the weekend. If he gets a permanent position offer that is monetarily worth it, he will take it. The girls and I will most likely stay here until the end of the school year. (I am very against the idea of E being pulled in the middle of the school year.)
We are looking at having insurance, having a financial cushion and more responsibility.
I am looking at essentially being a single mom 5 days a week. Am I freaking out about it? Not really, oddly enough. I guess my new motto is "just keep swimming." I will most likely be a little crazy, but I WILL get through this. WE will get through this.

Hell, we don't even know what will actually happen.

No comments: