Friday, February 11, 2011

I am alive...

I thought that I would be able to escape the sickness. I was very, very wrong. I got the crud a couple days ago, at about 3:30am. I was having trouble getting comfortable and my stomach hurt. Next thing I know I am sweating and groaning. I spent a majority of the night in the bathroom wishing I would feel better. My insides were rejecting everything. If this is how my kids felt, I feel absolutely terrible that they had to go through it. I slept for about 20 hours yesterday. No exaggeration, I was conscious long enough to catch snip its of conversation and would pass back out. I watched Grey's Anatomy at about midnight when I had a "burst of energy". My bed has a permanent indent of my body. I was able to get up long enough to shower today. I went and picked up my new glasses. I even decided that eating sounded like a good idea. (I am currently wishing I hadn't... my stomach feels as if it will be rejecting my sandwich.) 7pm on a Friday and everyone is in bed. Rob is dealing with the crud too... he actually apologized to me when he realized how terrible this sickness really is. Kids are watching a movie in bed, Rob and I are snug in our bed with our MacBooks and the Food Network playing... not the most exciting way to spend the weekend, but at least we are alive. I have to get my strength up, Emma and I have 26 valentines to make.

No comments: