Sunday, May 10, 2009

The big 2-8

Today is my birthday. Happy birthday to me. :)

I was lucky enough to be born on Mother's Day. I was given the present of a baby brother on my 4th birthday. We had plenty to celebrate today.

I slept in today... PAST NOON! It was amazing. We went over to my mom's house to have pulled pork, potato salad and all the fixings. It was delicious. I do have to say that my mom totally rocks. She still to this day makes my brother and I separate cakes. We are 28 and 24, and completely capable of sharing. I secretly like that we get our own cakes. We always have, it is a tradition now. My cake is always yellow with chocolate frosting and Jason's is funfetti with white frosting.

My step dad got me flower boxes to hang on the balcony and filled one with impatients and one with basil, parsley and chive seeds. My brother bought me a gorgeous pot of yellow dahlias. I think that I will have to work extra hard to keep all of my new plants alive. :) My mom bought me new bath towels, and I couldn't be happier! Emma and Arabel got me a sock monkey, which pretty much ROCKS.

Tonight I am going out for drinks with the girls and just may have a taste of Cristal. That is what I call ballin'.

No comments: